20110413

Another Day In The Mist ...

























Yesterday was not worth writing about, so rather than boring you with a third straight lackluster entry (it would've been about cleaning the bedroom, another long talk with Amy and a SUPER quiet night at the 'Seed) I took the day off.

Today was Wednesday.  It started off slowly, negatively, and didn't really get going 'til mid afternoon, but the mist was everywhere and Rose (our Prius) pretty much drives herself at this point, until she is parked on Ocean Avenue.

Stopping at Sandy Hook on the way down (since they didn't bother having anyone in the toll gate on such a grey day) was a nice treat, as the Bay and the Lighthouse and Officer's Row were all completely consumed by the cloud wall.  It was amazing how bad the visibility was.

Even though it wasn't raining hard, there must have been some pretty serious storms further out to sea, as the water coming in over the jetty at Happy Cover was far beyond the usual high tide.  I got a bit daring, trying to get that second shot above, and paid for it by getting submerged up to my calf.

Me being me, the cold didn't bother me, but squishing around for the rest of the day did get a bit tiresome.  Walking along the shoreline as it started to get dark, the mist began to fade and the sky got really interesting.  I'm really fond of the light and shadow in pics five through seven.

Being at Avon every week, having it become home, means that I come as I am, and sometimes just being there doesn't make it all better.  The loneliness and melancholy don't go away.  If anything, I often think about how much I want to share it all with her.

But however I feel, whoever I am, it is a place of great power and possibility, and all I can do is have faith in the meta-sigil I cast back at the Winter Solstice, in the fact that everything I've seen in my more-than-dreams can and will come to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment