20110401

How Does The Story End ...

I began a poem, roughly six weeks ago now, called My Icarus Moment.  It was a rumination on the Icarus myth, of course, imagining what might happen if the titular hero did not die after straying too close to the Fire.  Though I saw, even then, resonance with this story in my own life, I never dreamed I would become Icarus so soon, or that I would fall so hard.

After taking some time away from the poem, I have returned to writing it, a bit each day, as a way to find out how the story ends.  This new blog is an extension of that idea.  I've changed everything : new email & blogger account, new browser, new colours and textures ... new everything.  This feels appropriate, as even my sense of who I am seems fluid now.

If you've made the move here with me, or if you find me along the way, welcome.  I am reminded of the first words that my Previous Regeneration wrote on the shimmery, ephemeral canvas of this parallel dimension, on April 17th 2002 : Hello there / Beginnings are difficult things / I hope I find a voice in here that is worth the virtual space I am taking up / Maybe we'll find out together.

Maybe we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment