20110430

Rehearsal #2 By The Sea ...





















After the merciful breaking of the weather yesterday, the blue sky and clean air returned with a vengeance today.  Fortunately for me, I got to spend most of my day near my paradise by the sea.

The Lisa & Icarus Project had its second rehearsal at Yoga Basin today, and not surprisingly, it built on the energy of our first session, and then deepened.  What a fascinating sound we make!

We reviewed last week's pieces, then played a few new ones, bringing us to nine overall, which should be perfect for the show.  A running order even began to reveal itself, which is always nice.

I think the thing I liked the most, though, is the banter and ease of communication between pieces.  Whether sharing poetry or telling family stories or geeking out over The Neverending Story, this is how friendship seeds are planted.

You can't force or manufacture this sort of thing, so it's a real blessing when it happens.  I hope very much that the great energy we are cultivating comes through in our performance.  I think it will.

After we wrapped up, I headed down to Avon for some much needed grounding.  Since Thursday night's meltdown, I've been running, keeping busy, trying to keep my mind off of the ouchie stuff.

Putting my chair down in Happy Cove, with those afore mentioned blue skies, I was finally able to stop running, to stop moving, as the healing energy of my threshold place washed over me.

It was so beautiful I couldn't even read.  (Though I did daydream about my Muse quite a bit.)  I just sat there and watched the waves and the birds and the kids playing near the jetty.

Several hours passed like minutes, and after a walk down to the pavilion and up Patriot Lane, I headed out.  E called from Spring Farm and I pulled over so we could talk about day one of her adventure.

As the sun set, I drove back up through all the sea towns, and stopped for dinner at The Windmill.  I continue to be amazed at how easy it is for me to walk through the world now, at how strong I feel.  Sometimes.

I felt bad getting home so late, as Bug and I were supposed to watch David Tennant's Hamlet, but when I am out and moving on days like this, it's hard to get me home.  Especially when I already felt like I was home.

No comments:

Post a Comment