20110419

On The Move, Out In The World ...

After only sleeping four hours, I was up at eight, easing into the day.  By eleven, it was time to leave for my doctor appointment, driving the nice back roads over hill and dale and down into the swamp.  I love to daydream on that ride.

My time with Doctor Lisa was lovely as always.  Just as with Jason last week, she was incredibly supportive of the decisions I have made.  She understood why I cut my hair, why I've paused, why the Icarus identity is very important.

I am very fortunate that I can tell this woman anything.  Because of her own woo woo background, I was able to relate this crossroads to my shamanic work and really be heard.  I was even able to talk about The Muse, and the shifts in my relationships.  Her insights were very helpful.

I left feeling even stronger in my convictions that I am doing the right thing.  She agrees I am paying a high price, but also agrees it is a necessary one.  Neither of us knows how the story will unwind, but just like Jason, she advised me not to be in too much of a rush to find out.

Instead of going right home, E and I drove North and had a lovely time at Paramus Park, yet another place I had not been in eighteen months.  (Malls were places I avoided at all costs.)  I am not ashamed to admit how much I am loving being out in the world again.

After stopping home for a few minutes, I was back out to the 'Seed for my evening desk shift.  Tuesdays continue to be like a tomb there, with only three students over two classes.  I sure hope we make it Autumn, for all the seeds I'm planting to ripen.

No comments:

Post a Comment